In this course, you’ll learn the basics of financial accounting as they can be applied in nearly every business. The course will walk you through basic financial statements before moving to more concepts such as the accounting cycle, debit, and credit. Finally, you’ll learn how to report financial transactions and how to apply the theory of what you’ve learned.
Accounting: The Fundamentals is a recommended prerequisite for both Financial Management and Logistics Decision Modelling.
Please note, this course is estimated to require 19-22 hours of work per week.
- Basics of a financial statement
- Debit and credit
- Accounting cycles
- Measuring and reporting finances
- Application of accounting theory
Course grads will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, nature and basic functions of accounting
- Measure and record financial transactions
- Prepare and analyze financial statements using accepted international standards
- Develop an appreciation for internal control systems